I love His Bride

My journey of discovery into the wonderful entity that is the Church, His Bride. God is shaking and challenging my concept of Church, with the wide variety of expressions that are arising. So I thought that if I have to struggle with it the world can too.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A tour of the high places

I should get on with talking about what happened over the weekend. So I will start with saturday for this post and move to sunday on my next post. The picture is of two of the "mountains" that make up the Glasshouse Mountains in Queensland. I took Maarit, Michelle (my sister's friend from Church) and Antti up to see this site as I know that it has a significance to the Aboringinal people. So knowing that Maarit had an interest in the aboriginal people I thought it would be a good place to go.
It turned out to be a good time up on the "mountain", it was good to see Maarit and Michelle starting to get to know each other. And to just enjoy each others company!
In the evening it was up to Mt coot-tha, a small mountain that overlooks the city of Brisbane, to see the lights of the city and to go and pray. After seeing the lights, we went to a park away from all the people to pray. The park we went to was the park where the Youth Arise monthly prayer times started off again after a long hiatus. I just felt to come back here to pray, especially for youth arise.
But I didn't know that god had other plans!! Now the prayer time was one where no one is really praying. So I thought there are things on my heart to pray, not major burdens, just things I felt to pray for. Plus I had that feeling of responsibility that i had "dragged" these guys up here, so someone should start the ball rolling! However after alittle while, Antti asks Maarit what does she think. And then Maarit replies that she feel s we should pray for me, to which Antti replied he felt the same way.
Now I can tell you that I wanted to go and hide, from all this attention. And it isn't like I can say "mmmm no I don' t think so". They gathered around me and started to pray and to pray and to pray and to pray and to..... you get the picture. They kept pn praying, and I have to say that I don't really know what they were praying as they were doing it either in tongues or in Finnish. But it was weird as there was no real response in my spirit to what they were prayer, I mean like there was no tears or anything. However this was to get me ready for Sunday which is a post I will get to later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home