I love His Bride

My journey of discovery into the wonderful entity that is the Church, His Bride. God is shaking and challenging my concept of Church, with the wide variety of expressions that are arising. So I thought that if I have to struggle with it the world can too.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Wet and Wild

Had a wonderful time yesterday with my friends Antti and Maarit, we went to wet and wild the loocal water park here in Queensland. And one of the best things is I didn't get badly sun burnt afterwards, so I am not wincing with pain as I type! Once we had finished there it was off to delicious ice cream! Finally our day finished with the Bethlehem Experience, this is a production done by the local churches of The gold coast, please note the plural - churches!
This production is a tour of the city of Bethlehem at the time of Christ's birth with real animals and sand spread over the place, beggars calling out and soldiers tell you to march on. It takes you through the Christmas story but it doesn't end there! They then present the gospel, of Chris dying on the cross for our sins. This is what really blew me away, that they didn't just tell the nice christmas story with baby Jesus, they brought it to the point why baby jesus had to come and to grow up to become our sacrifice!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home