I love His Bride

My journey of discovery into the wonderful entity that is the Church, His Bride. God is shaking and challenging my concept of Church, with the wide variety of expressions that are arising. So I thought that if I have to struggle with it the world can too.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm enjoying this!

It is amazing how when we unload our burdens, even if no one is listening, a refreshing comes. I say this because after my last post, I was in a better mood then when I started writing. Thank you Lord!
Had cell group last night, it flowed well but there is a desire in me for it to flow better. One thing I learnt was that the members of my cell group are NOT animal people! I am still learning how to release people to share what is on their hearts. When to give them space to think and when to specifically ask them to share, and what questions to ask that will help them to share their heart. I wish I had the wisdom and the insight that Jesus had, He knew when to speak and when to be silent and what to ask. (See John 4)
I guess God loves seeing us learning how to walk, I suppose it gives Him great joy to see His children trying to walk and falling and getting back up. Just like a real parent enjoying their child's first step.
As I type, I sense the Father smiling over His stumbling children as they are reaching out to Him.
It is good that we serve a loving Father!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger laura said…

    hey brett,
    good to see that you started a blog as well. nice to hear whats going on with you. my email is still the same, lauraannika@luukku.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home