I love His Bride

My journey of discovery into the wonderful entity that is the Church, His Bride. God is shaking and challenging my concept of Church, with the wide variety of expressions that are arising. So I thought that if I have to struggle with it the world can too.

Friday, December 16, 2005

A challenging day

Today was definitely a challenge! As I took Maarit, Antti and my sister Jane down to Musgrave park. Now Musgrave park is a significant piece of land for the Murri people. The Murri people is the name given to queensland indigenous people. I didn't know this until I read some information that Maarit had downloaded of the net. It is because of Maarit that we went to this park. And to be honest when Maarit contacted Antti about going to Musgrave park, last night, and Antti tell me I was hit with this great amount of fear. So I had to keep laying this at His feet and asking for His help for the next day.
And God always provides!! First we spent sometime praying for the indigenous people and for me what came out was the truth that it was white people that caused the indigenious people to become the alcoholics that alot of them are. Also I had to keep asking the Lord to give me His heart for these people. Even as I write this I am amazed/shocked at my apathy towards these people. So I know that the Lord has some work to do on my heart! But I know that it has to be done as the church is about reaching out to those least fortunate, to the poor, to the widow, to the orphan.
And if we want the Kingdom the kingdom takes care of the hurting, the lonely, the drunken, the lost!!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Petra said…

    Good to know that you all have had great time there!

    I hope God sends me soon to Austrlia, too... But before it happens it is nice to read your blog.

    bless,

    Petra

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said…

    Hey... Sounds really good the stuff about you coming to Norway around summer next year. You are uttermost welcome. I think I might have your email-address in my contacts database, if you haven't changed it, but writing in here was faster... Bless :D

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said…

    Just a little tip... I see there are a junk comment in here. You can avoid those by turning on some kind of verification mechanism in the settings for your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home