I love His Bride

My journey of discovery into the wonderful entity that is the Church, His Bride. God is shaking and challenging my concept of Church, with the wide variety of expressions that are arising. So I thought that if I have to struggle with it the world can too.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

A time of prayer

Today was a time spent in prayer, I guess that is why I titled this post as "A time of prayer" :) It was a good time but also something that I am not used to and found it hard at times to connect with God and to stay focused on God.
See in this time of Prayer, Paul, my pastor, had us trying free worship and prayer. Which means there was just music playing and you could sing along with the music, make up your own words to the music or pray through things that the Lord was laying on your heart. Now this is a very different way, as I am used to coming in as a group and having singing songs that I know reasonable well and then flow into pray as the Spirit takes over. However in this time of prayer some of the, actually most of the, songs I didn't even know. Then there was the times where it was either Antti playing on the piano or Marty play on the guitar. And when I say playing, they were playing just music as they felt led to play. So this was very very different.
Also another thing I was battling was my concern for Maarit and Antti. I was worrying "are they getting thing out of this", "are they bored", "are they sensing that we should go on a different track but didn't want to rude". So I had to wrestle against these doubts and concerns.
However though it was a wrestle, it was a good wrestle. As I have been suffering a lack of confidence in praying out loud in a group, actually I would say just praying. So I had to force myself to pray, especially when one of the local pastor came to be prayed for. And then later on I had a small burden to pray for the nations of the world and especially the nations of Europe.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Jan Inge Saltskår said…

    Hi my body from down under. Don't forget your norwegian brother ;) Nice to drop by your blog. Burden to pray for Europe? Norway's a part of Europe :D Go on fighting the good fight. And take good care of my finnish friends!!! Love and blessings from the norwegian viking!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home